Social Media Set-Up and Strategy ToolKit
Social Media is a thriving venue for promoting your book and driving book sales.
It is essential that your book (and you as an author) have a presence which is professional, and separate from, your personal social media accounts.
We will set up your author profile/account on all the major social media platforms to take advantage of this cost-effective way of targeting the appropriate audience for your book. Then we'll enhance your book’s social media accounts while providing you with the knowledge you need to keep your accounts active and thriving.
Scroll down for more information.
Social Media is an Ideal Way to Reach More Readers
With the exploding popularity of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and other social media platforms, it’s easier than ever to connect with people all around the world—if you know how to do it. But, if you’re not sure how to get started, or are unsure about how to make connections with your readers, Outskirts Press can help. Many of the people who would be interested in buying your book are active on at least one social media platform. And promoting yourself on social media usually costs nothing! Take advantage of the power of social media to reach readers around the world and to establish a compelling and welcoming environment where your readers can find you and your book(s).Your Social Media Strategist will work with you to develop author/book platforms on 3 of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Your Social Media Strategist we will create your professional profiles on each of your selected platforms. One of our professional designers will create banner graphics, book images (to use in your posts) and format your author photo to raise your author social media presence to the next level.
In the meantime, you will receive a bonus TipSheet with instructions on launching your very own YouTube platform.
You will also receive access to the exclusive Outskirts Press Social Media Video Course, containing the following short, informative videos on how to successfully market your book on Social Media.
To get you started, your Social Media Specialist will create an initial posting on each of your platforms and set you up with a posting aggregator to make scheduling postings across all social media your channels, all at once, a breeze!
Your Social Media Strategist will help you understand how to continue your postings on your own and you will receive a 4-Month Social Media Posting Schedule to ensure you have posting ideas for months, giving you a promotional power-packed punch!
We'll even create and set-up your very first Facebook "ad" for you.
How can I know if this service is right for me?
- If you’re confused about social media—How do you post updates and pictures or other relevant and compelling information on social media? Does the method vary between social media platforms? Where do these messages go, and who sees them? If just getting past the basics of social media fills you with anxiety, we can help.
- If you’re not sure how to distinguish yourself online as an author—The updates you post as an author are bound to differ from the ones you post for your friends and family. Your audience, and your reasons for communicating with them, are distinctly different. Your Social Media Specialist can help you establish an author presence online that helps you achieve specific marketing goals.
- If you want to build and maintain an ongoing relationship with your audience—Social media is an ideal way to connect with your target audience on an immediate and consistent basis. Did you just get a glowing book review? Are you working on a sequel? Is your new book ready for release? Want to get the word out about a sale or other special offers? Social media is the place to do that in a timely manner.
- If time is not on your side—With the knowledge and author platform you gain from Social Media Set-up & Strategy ToolKit, a few clicks a day can keep you connected with your audience, and keep your readership engaged and growing. After all, you've spent months, or maybe even years, crafting your book. Now is the time to take the time to ensure that it reaches the right audience.
- If your mailing address is in the United States—Due to security restrictions on these social media platforms, you must have a U.S. mailing address and/or place of residence. These sites do not allow us to set-up accounts on behalf of authors living outside of the United States.
Are you ready to start promoting your book on Social Media?
Click the add to cart button and we'll handle the rest.
See what Outskirts Press authors are saying about their self-publishing experience
My representative Jamie was always extremely professional and helpful during the entire process of my book publication. She always responded very quickly to requests and was always helpful throughout the entire process. She is a great role model and a great asset to the Outskirts Press family. I will highly recommend Outskirts Press to my friends and associates and also look forward to doing more business in the future. I am extremely pleased with my book publication and consider this a major milestone in my life . Thank you all very much...
Lawrence N. Weston
author of Avoiding Self Imposed Adversities
From the beginning, and throughout the process of publishing my first book, I felt that I was in the hands of a pro. Dana always took the time to answer my questions in detail and swiftly, and if she didn't have 100% confidence, she researched the question and got back to me. I was very pleased with her and I am also thankful that I was paired with her as an Author Rep.
David Matityahu Ben Avraham
author of There's No Such Thing as Magic Blood
Bridget, as well as the entire Outskirts Press team working with me, are exceptional. They held my hand through the entire process in addition to providing me with welcomed support and encouragement. I am looking forward to our next project together. I have recommended Outskirts Press to several freelance authors in my area. Thank you for making a potentially hectic journey so enjoyable and so satisfying.
Paneque y Diaz
author of More Than What They Seemed
I was very happy with my author rep's responses to me. She did a superb job of answering my questions and helping me through the editing process. She was always available when I needed her. I'm delighted with the outcome--my book looks good and it's selling! Thank you.
author of Reclaim Your Right To Grow Old
A great experience with Outskirts Press. I learned a lot in this process. I will do it all over again. Thank you so much.
Esther A. Ota
author of Children: My Heritage - A Testimony
The one-on-one with Lisa was great. Especially the phone call picking out styles, font, cover template etc. She even got a vote on the color. I so wanted to have my daughter's painting as the art work on the cover and she gave me a way to do that. Her guidance helped turn my dream into a reality and sometimes it is still hard to believe until I look at my book. Thank you.
Nancy L. Regas
author of The Art of Being a School Counselor
What a blockbuster learning experience I had being a part of self publishing with Outskirts Press! I felt empowered to the next challenge by both Allison and Dana. Their professional guidance and clear instructions when I needed help was crucial to feeling I could tackle the next step. I look forward to the experience with the marketing team. Thanks, Outskirts Press.
author of Lima Beans for Breakfast
Outskirts Press changed my life for the better. They turned my adoption memoir into a book that is not only beautiful to look at, it is pleasurable to read, easy to purchase online, and in less than a month already has had a profound impact on many people. A truly amazing company with a heart. Deepest gratitude!
author of We Are All Human Beings
The Outskirts Press team was helpful, attentive, prompt and detail oriented during the publishing process. It really felt like a team effort, and everyone worked hard to create an awesome final product that was my fully published book!
author of Realm of the Invader
Having just published my eighth book with Outskirts Press, I can attest to it being a great experience, and I look forward to publishing number nine. Thanks for a great job.
James A. Hunter
author of Soft And Gentle 8
I would like to thank everyone at Outskirts Press for helping me getting my book (Storms of Jaycard) into print. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would write a book and have it published. Once again, I would like to thank everyone at Outskirts Press for making my book dream come true.
Joseph J. Myer
author of Storms of Jaycard